|Afonso Pena International Airport|
The Afonso Pena airport runway layout is the same of the WW II period when it was the Afonso Pena Air Base. In 1946, civil aviation began to operate with regional and international flights, a passenger terminal built and used until 1959, when a new terminal was inaugurated.
Infraero assumed, in 1974, the airport and, in 1977, passenger terminal expansion was completed. In 1996, with construction of the new airport, it became international. Runways have 2,215m x 45m and 1.800m x 45m, and it has 14 positions for aircrafts parking. The car parking area has 688 slots. The Afonso Pena International Airport is located 18 km from downtown Curitiba.